Back in the day – the early 1900’s to be exact – cigarette manufacturers began inserting “stiffening cards” into their packs to make them sturdier and more reliable, enabling cigarettes to last longer.
Eventually though, someone at UK-based Gallaher Cigarettes had a revelation. Why not make these cards useful in some way? So, without delay, they thought up a series of 100 “How to do it” stiffening cards for their cigarettes, each with their own practical tip and corresponding visual aid pictures – or what we’d refer to today as, “life hacks.” Here are 24 of our favorites, that still very much apply today.
1. How to pull out long nails.
2. How to kill a tree stump.
3. How to make a simple gate latch.
4. How to make corks fit.
5. How to make a fire extinguisher.
6. How to make a water fountain for chicks.
7. How to adjust a door.